How can we make Xodo even better?

Windows: Allow multiple instances of the app to be open...

... so we can, for instance, compare two pdfs side-by-side

898 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Achmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Samsung Tablet: I have a shortcut on a folder.
        If I open a PDF from the folder, XODO starts.
        Then I minimize XODO and click on the folder again...but: XODO appears (not the folders contents).
        It seems, XODO is now a synonym for this folder.
        I think, this problem is related to XODO as single instance ?!?

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement floatable tabs. Similar to Adobe. I find myself having a PDF open with Xodo and another PDF open with another app.

• Sharona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important if you are using more than one screen. I agree with an extension if this proves too complicated.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternative suggestion: If you have a hard time implementing this feature, please give us a web app/Edge extension that supports OneDrive/local file integration. Pretty please? Edge/Chrome browser allows us to open multiple windows, so technically, you don't need to implement anything on your store app

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

super annoying you cant open 2 windows at the same time..., this is very basic though

• caydenly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's laughable that the application is so restrictive. I open my multiple windows in Adobe Reader since Xodo can't do it for me. I would really wish to use only Xodo though.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's already there.... Please close it to allow another improvements get votes!

• MrIncredible commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. I use this app in study preparation and often have one pdf constantly open while referring to others. Instead of having to use a totally different app I would prefer to use Xodo for both windows.

• Jasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really miss this.
        Have to use Edge for 2nd, 3rd, ... open pdfs.
        Please add features like moving a tap out of the window and it creates a xodo instance, of course the other way around to add to a window.

• Fabian H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely necessary! Had to download another PDF reader to read 2 PDFs side by side

• fabian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is crucial for people like me with dual monitors. I often have different pdf's open on each screen.

• MM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using a Surface Pro and need to take notes from one PDF document onto another PDF form. Please allow two windows of Xodo to be open at the sme time. Another PDF reader with less features than Xodo is able to do this. Xodo is great but needs this one feature, the tabs are too much of a hassle.

Suggest a new feature: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base