How can we make Xodo even better?

Highlight without selecting text, like a pen

highlight text without selecting, like using a yellow pen or box on text without hiding the text beneath, this would be particulary useful when a pdf contains formulas(for example with integration symbols) and it cant be selected easily.

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    tom jessi shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ruben F. Bernardino commented  · 

you can add a checkbox in color select window that enables the multiplicative color mix mode (the same as highlighting tool) in box, line, ink and other drawing tools, so that you can use them to highlight stuff at 100% opacity

• Anonymous commented  · 

As someone who mainly highlights by using the drawing tool (as most of my PDFs have come from scanned materials), I think it would be nice to have more than three highlighter/brush 'settings' to customise in the tray. Increasing it to 5 or 6 would make it easier to annotate in a variety of colours. It would also be nice if the line thickness could be increased even more, as the thickest option is too thin for some of my PDFs.

• AdminXodo (Support, Xodo) commented  · 

Hi,

This is a Xodo developer.

While this is something we have in mind to add eventually, I would like to give you a way to do something similar in the meantime. You can select the ink annotation, pick the widest brush and set opacity to, say, 50% or 35% or whatever suits you, and use that in this manner. It's not quite as nice as the highlight in the sense that it will not be as crisp as the highlighting tool, but it will do an okay job until we have implemented this feature.

Best Regards,
        Tomas Hofmann

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base