How can we make Xodo even better?

Remember the last used view mode

The app should remember the last used view mode and adopt it also for following files. I use mainly the Continuous mode, but every time I open a new file it is shown in Single page mode and I have to adjust it because the app doesn't remember the view mode used the previous time.
Alternatively the default view mode could be customizable.
This idea is referred to Windows and Windows Phone apps.

71 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    marco__la shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stefan Preisig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature seems to be implemented...
        I would prefer it if the last mode were remembered separately for landscape/portrait documents.
        I usually use landscape documents in single page and portrait in continuous mode.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, the version I just installed (2.4.3 Build 29007) does remember view mode. But it seems to be tied to the 'Remember Last Page' setting.

Meaning if I check 'Remember Last Page', it remembers the page I was on *and* the view mode from one time I view a file to the next.

If I uncheck 'Remember Last Page', it always brings a document up on page 1, and always defaults to Continuous view mode (i.e., it does remembers neither the page nor the view mode).

I'd like to be able to configure these individually (I would set to always use Single Page view mode, but always start on Page 1).

• Victorel Petrovich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a pdf I have, it always opens very maximized, and I always have to zoom out alot every time I open the pdf.
        Would be useful if it remembered previous view/ zoom settings

Suggest a new feature: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base