How can we make Xodo even better?

Offline work on Google Drive documents

I do not know if it is possible thus if the Google Drive API provides functionality for it:

It would be nice to be able to work a Drive documents offline. I do not mean on "real" downloaded versions of these documents, but on versions similar to the "keep on device" functionality of Google's Drive app. Then if an internet connection is available again the annotated document is synces with Drive. This way it would be possible to work on PDFs from Google Drive on the road even if no mobile internet connection is available.

Maybe it is possible but I have not found this option.

I do not want to make a "real" download of a document, annotate on it and upload it back, since I use a folder structure in Drive that is simular to tagging. Thus I have a document at several locations and would have to upload it and set the location every time I worked on a document offline.

Thus the steps are:

1. Choose document that should be "kept on device".
2. Go on the road offline, annotate and have fun.
3. If an internet connection exists, sync changed back to Drive.

84 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David “Bully” Bulczak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Juan C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add that feature!!! Real folder synchronization with Google Drive and Dropbox. Working only online I end up having different versions of the same file with different annotations and it's not useful at all, even confusing. Thanks!! And for me it doesn't work as the comment from Stuart suggests, it's not real folder sync as in Goodreader for iOS for example. Your app could be way better than that one if you add that feature.

• Stuart Sayre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This worked really well, after making the document available offline in Google Drive, Xodo uploaded the annotations after I reconnected, just brilliant.

• HNm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you actually get it to work offline? I have tried but it seems it doesn't work if I am not connected to the internet.

• lisa.north1988 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work on offline Drive documents all the time in Xodo that sync back to Drive when Internet becomes available. All I do is make the document I want to work on available offline on my actual Google Drive, not Xodo. This is done by opening the settings for the document in Drive and turning on 'Keep Offline'. Not sure if this helps. hope so. :)

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base