How can we make Xodo even better?

Crop

to be able to crop a page or pages of the document for better reading view by removing the margins which is not necessary when using tablet or phone.

211 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AbdulrahmanAbdulrahman shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) responded  · 

This feature is now completed for Xodo for Android. We welcome any feedback and ideas of how to continue to improve this feature.

Thank you very much for your input.

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

ffs, this is worthless. Why would you ONLY want to view the crop in Xodo.

• XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) commented  · 

Hello,
        This is a Xodo developer.

The cropping was made to stay within Xodo, as a feature to make it easier to read, rather than a feature to modify a PDF.

If you are interested in cropping that is permanent (that is, that will not only show up in Xodo) then I would suggest creating a new feature request here.

Thanks,
        Tomas

• Anonymous commented  · 

Xodo for android. Like the crop tool but crops don't done in Xodo don't show in other viewers including Adobe Acrobat, only in Xodo even when flattened. Any reason why the save isn't permanent ?

• DatDat commented  · 

What about Windows Platform, there is no Crop function?

• anonanon commented  · 

can't save a cropped file. revert back to uncropped state.

• BernardBernard commented  · 

I work in construction and use Xodo to add notes and changes to the construction drawings. Being able to crop a part of the drawing with notes I have added so I can print them and hand them out to my crew would be a great feature. When will this be added to the windows version?

• Sophie L. MüllerSophie L. Müller commented  · 

It seems cropping modifies the file and can corrupt it. This happened to me while opening a large pdf (about 300 pages) during which xodo crashed.

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

Now implemented! Thanks!

• Ezzat HamedEzzat Hamed commented  · 

Auto crop is recommended
        autostabilize the page during moving

• Krzysztof SmigrodzkiKrzysztof Smigrodzki commented  · 

I imagine four modes of cropping:

0. "No crop": i.e. show page according to its metadata.

1. "Auto crop": find uppermost, lowermost, leftmost and rightmost printed area on the page. Add margin set in preferences (in case some portion of screen is hidden by bezel). Show this to user. This mode would be useful for LaTeX documents.

2. "Guided crop": allow user to draw rectangle on screen. For each page, find find uppermost, lowermost, leftmost and rightmost printed area inside of chosen rectangle. Add margins set in preferences. Show this to user. This mode would be very useful for books where header and footer does not add anything important, but takes up screen real estate. It could optionally allow different "guide rectangles" for odd and even pages.

3. "Two column mode": Detect vertical line near the middle of page with significantly lower number of "printed" material then average of the printed part of the page. Use in as column separator. For each page show left column from top to bottom, then right column from top to bottom. This mode would be useful for two column scientific papers.

All of modes ought to be selected manually, with ("No crop" as the default). Their state should be saved with each document (just like current page).

• HansHans commented  · 

Cropping procedure isnt clear.

• ioannis bakopoulosioannis bakopoulos commented  · 

Dear developer your application is perfect. Amazing. Faultless. The only thing missing, which I believe is very important is the following. You should give the possibility to each user can do manually cuts to page: up - down - right and left and then cuts apply to all pages of the book. If you put and this feature, you can talk to a worthy program Good Reader

• Anonymous commented  · 

I find the auto crop by clicking the screen in different places depending on the line width one of xodo's best features.

Feedback and Knowledge Base