How can we make Xodo even better?

Selection/ Stroke grouping tool

Now that we can take notes directly with the stylus, he have no way to group several strokes as one annotation.

f.e. if I need to move a whole paragraph, have a tool that lets me select all the text I want to move.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JuanJuan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Silvan EggerSilvan Egger commented  · 

For now I'm using the App "squid" on my Samsung Tablet, but it doesn't have any integration in Google Drive which is essential for me. But they have this feature, that you can select multiple annotations with a lasso tool which is even more important. So as long as this feature is not implemented, i won't change to XODO. Some of my friends also say the same.

• Katie PfeiferKatie Pfeifer commented  · 

I really want this feature too!!!
        I switched from Snote to Xodo for annotating pdfs on my android tablet and I miss the lasso box selecting tools. I find it difficult to move annotations on the current version of Xodo when there are many small details (such as a graph I draw, or when I write a couple lines of words), all of the pieces never want to move together as one and it gets messy.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think that probably a new tool would not be necessary. Perhaps it would be enough to have the possibility to make a multiple selection of any item (text, stamp, box, draw, etc.), by click-holding on the first item, and then the following clicked items would add to the selection. Once all items selected, one could delete, move, change color, etc. from a pop up menu (the same menu that currently pops up when you select a single item).

• RoRo commented  · 

Xodo is a great app on the Surface Pro 3, but this is the only drawback. Notes made with the stylus are separated into different strokes, so you can't move the annotations, since you can't group all the strokes.

This could be incorporated with Windows Surface Pro 3 Pen, which has a second button that is used for selection of objects on OneNote.

• hanokkhanokk commented  · 

Yes, if It would be realized, it's really useful. : )

Feedback and Knowledge Base