How can we make Xodo even better?

Add a "Save" button.

I am using android Xodo. When exiting the app, usually it saves the cloud files automatically, but sometime it does not. Please add a "Save" button to allow manually saving cloud files, or add a feature to remind users to save files when exiting. That way we can make sure we won't lost our work.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tony shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Liz Darioli commented  · 

I just lost ALL my editing. That's unacceptable! Add the button!

• Chris commented  · 

same here.. crash and lost all editing

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sometimes the app crashed without autosaving. I lost all my editings. Please consider having a "save" button.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Add a fucking save button. I just lost all my annotation cause it failed to save. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

• ebenito commented  · 

In the version for Windows 8 we have the same problem.

• Vinicius Gonçalves commented  · 

Autosaving or not, a button to be assured it was saved is always useful, because battery can run down or the app might crash for various reasons. I have lost work in this way.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not having a save button really hurts the usability of Xodo for me. I lost several annotations due to an app or Android crash. Please add this simple function. I don't think "auto-save" by default is a good idea but I can accept it as long as it is an option that can be disabled.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The way of mobile file is auto-save.

The app can terminate at any point without reason so leaving the save to a user is actually a bad idea. So I think what Xodo is currently doing is awesome. Not sure how I can vote 'against' this feature.... but keep it in mind!

• Michele commented  · 

Please add save button also for local documents. It's important because now I need to close the current document to save my annotation and than I have to reopen the document! Thank you

• Andrew commented  · 

Files should not be updated unless l do an explicit save or save as. Currently every file I open is "touched" whether I make any changes or not, which then forces a resync with my server. This is extremely annoying. Files should only be modified if I choose it.

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base