How can we make Xodo even better?

Text to Speech

Please add a text to speech option (with different speed-options). This is a really usefull for students - read and hear the text simultaniously is much more efficent :)
Thanks for your work

100 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LeBalzLeBalz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) responded  · 

In the latest version of Xodo for Android, you can select text, and from the popover menu tap “Read” (which may be under the three dot menu item) to read the text out loud. Thank you for your feedback!

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James FoyJames Foy commented  · 

That's great, I couldn't tell from the Google Play store whether that option was available. Though having a "read to end" option would be even better. Some books are great to go to sleep by :D

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add a text to speech option (with different speed-options) also in Windows (PC) version!

Thanks for your work

• gerrylawson2gerrylawson2 commented  · 

I use Xodo all the time on Chromebooks with Chrome OS, but now have an Asus Flip and can run Android apps. So I installed the Android Xodo together with Cereproc Heather TTS and now have a cultured Scottish borders voice reading all my Docs and PDFs. There are many different national and regional varieties of TTS available for almost nothing: including German, French, Italian, Spanish voices. Will be a real boon for language learning too.

• Nicolas MaldonadoNicolas Maldonado commented  · 

I like xodo a lot, but there are other readers with this feature, (that you can play and pause, speed up or speed down, even control voice pitch). Selecting text is a little inconvenient when you are reading a document with many pages. You are very close to have a great product, if you implement this feature I will uninstall all other pdf readers on my android tablet.
        These is also very useful for ESL students.

• LElLEl commented  · 

Añadir texto una Voz en Castellano (Español Latinoamericano), sirve mucho para personas que no tienen mucho tiempo para estar pegados al teléfono, con audífonos bastaría.

• danicotradanicotra commented  · 

This definitely can't be considered as complete. I think everybody is willing to have the entire document red easily without having to select any text (a dedicated play/pause button for instance). A complete feature should even let you control speed, volume and switch language... Other pdf reader apps provide all of this but I like xodo very much and hope it to get better than any others so come on guys keep up the good work! Thank you

• SnizhanaSnizhana commented  · 

It would be great to be able to change at least the languages I want it to read aloud for me. I can't listen to a German book read aloud by an English-speaking voice. Maybe I just don't know that such feature exist. But in case it does, let me know how I can edit it, please!

• allisonlhockeyallisonlhockey commented  · 

yes pleaseadd the text to speech feature! i love hodo and appreciate it's versatility! thanks :)

• greggreg commented  · 

Yes, if the text-to-speach option is included such as @voicealoud reader, there would be no other android app needed. I like @voicealoud's rate and pitch with the engines voice options.

• jeffjeff commented  · 

this is not a text to speech feature it needs to be simple and allow for the reading of the document aloud

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi Support People. The option to select text to read is NOT the same thing as the Text-to-Speech feature I think people are wanting.

What I would like is clicking an option to start reading the document's text, often self-highlighting the text being read. It would continue reading the document until you stop it. You can see examples of this in exPDF Reader and PDF Max. Besides reflow, I think this is the last killer feature you need in your excellent reader. Thanks! Jeff

• habilhabil commented  · 

pleas add this feature, it is very useful for students.if it will be compatible with IVONA, it would be great.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Add su0port for Android's text to voice which allows documents to be read aloud.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Se si avesse un tts integrato nell'app sarebbe perfetta per gli studenti con difficoltà.
        Grazie, ottima app

• Anonymous commented  · 

Maybe you can integrate existing Windows features for that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base