How can we make Xodo even better?

Custom annotation tools (buttons)

I would be fantastic to be able to define the annotations tools shown in the toolbar. Just like Okular does.

The idea is to customize the buttons shown in the annotation toolbar. Yo could define an "#0000ff 80% opacity underline" as your first tool, a "#ff0000 80% opacity underline" as your second tool, a "#ffff00 100% opacity highlight", etc.

As the number of buttons in screen is limited there must be a "More" or "Plus" button in order to show the rest of the tools and to access to the customization screen.

The benefits would be:

· Have a set of virtual tools like the one you use to have in the real world. Red pen, blue pen, yellow highligher, blue highlither.

· Being able to have several shotcuts to the same tool type (in my example the underliner tool) with different styles. Is a much faster way of changing between frecuently used styles of a tool.

· Being able to hide the tools you don't use. This you would access to using the "More"/"Plus" button.

More info:
https://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdegraphics/okular/configannotations.html

https://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdegraphics/okular/annotations.html

342 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lImItgblImItgb shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TifferzzzTifferzzz commented  · 

I agree with this idea. I have to read and edit many PDF documents for school and having to move back and forth in the drop-downs to jump from highlight to underline then to arrows (while not needing anything else) is an extra step that I would love to side-step. A click-drag to re-organize the buttons is one idea.

• Rachelle ParkerRachelle Parker commented  · 

I would also PLEASE ad the option to fix the annotation bar at top of screen, I can't see what is being selected.

• Lisa NorthLisa North commented  · 

I would like to see a settings button for items on the annotation tool bar. In particular the option to lock the notes so they don't scale with text when zooming in or out. I understand scaling is a good upgrade for some but not for my purposes.

• carlos.marinheirocarlos.marinheiro commented  · 

This is particularly relevant when in portrait mode, since in such mode there is less tools available, and you can not choose which ones are dropped.

• lImItgblImItgb commented  · 

This is a more general solution. The one you post a link to just talks about setting a "default" color option or one "custom button". What I'm talking about is a customizable toolbar where you can show only the custom tools you want. Even have several custom tools of the same annotation_type.

This solution would meet the needs of the other user and a lot more.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Provide a means to select which annotation tools you want on the tool bar. I never use signature or strike through so would be nice to save screen space and only have the tools that available that you use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base