How can we make Xodo even better?

Continuously save document state

Currently, if a document I'm using is closed improperly, or even if I just switch briefly to another app, any changes I've made to the document disappear, including:

- highlights & annotations
- reading location
- font size
- currently open document

This is the ONLY app I've encountered on a modern mobile device that behaves this way. It makes this app unusable for all but the simplest tasks.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Palmucci commented  · 

I've had this happen to me several times.
        Always annotating pdf files stored on dropbox.
        After saving & closing file, all changes are lost.

Samsung tablet android 7
        Xodo & dropbox up to date.

• István Talmácsi commented  · 

Same problem.
        Even with proper exit from editing.
        But the app is great.

The status shows 'completed', but it's not!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Oh my God. I just lost three hours worth of editing. Thanks, XODO. If I autosave, it ties up everything. If I don't autosave, I risk losing precious time. This is the third time this has happened. Any glitch -- a blip in the Internet, a screen freezing, using a different app (in a new tab, by the way) screws everything up. Seriously wish you'd fix this. Is your goal to drive creatives around the globe insane? If so, it's working. Geesh.

• Stephanie Betz commented  · 

I have the same problem and have just lost two hours of work, which I'm quite upset about. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This just happened to me on Samsung Note Pro. I lost nearly 2 hours work which a student needs for deadline tomorrow. Normally the document appears to save as I go along. I've been getting lots of cases where Xodo pops up a frame offering either "read only" or "save a copy". This may be a lack of space issue?

• Victorel Petrovich commented  · 

Same problem here with the app from Chrome web store.

Alternatively, ask to save on closing

• Anonymous commented  · 

Lost my work a few times when my screen locked or i switched to a different app in between. This is seriously frustrating. I would have liked a save button so that I can save frequently rather than loose all my work before I finally save.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same problem here. If the app improperly shuts down due to the screen locking or any other reason, I loose all my work. This has happened a few times to me and is very frustrating. At least if you had a save button on the pdf interface, I could easily periodically save with a single click rather than loose all of my information.

• Dallon commented  · 

I've had the same problem. I am using a laptop running Windows 8.1

• accounts commented  · 

Looks like this occurs on Android 5.0+. Google has changed the way apps are but on the back burner (the technical term escapes me). Looks like Xodo hasn't addressed this. It cost me a couple hours worth of work I had done annotating a PDF saved on my dropbox account

• AdminXodo (Support, Xodo) commented  · 

Sorry, we can't repro.
        Could you please add more detail? What OS , device are you using?

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base