How can we make Xodo even better?

Back and Forward button

I mostly read scientific papers or books who has hyperlinks to equations, figures, references and its annoying to navegate to all pages in between to get back to the last page i was reading. So i think a discrete back and forward button to get back will be awsome.

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    carlos enrique olivares rodriguez shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mauro Henrique Mulati commented  · 

Hi guys

The software is great, but could you make back and forward buttons (configurable) persistent? I mean, in a way that they do not disappear seconds after a link have been activated. Suppose the situation: I am reading a scientific paper, find a citation, click/tap on it, so I am taken to the reference, I read the reference... and the buttons to back where I were disappeared! So, I have to change the reading "mode" tapping on the upper-right X.

Thx
        Best wishes

• Truth-Seeker commented  · 

thanks a lot my friend.. this app is already becoming the equivalent of the ios goodreader for Android

• Mike commented  · 

I agree, a hyperlink button to jump from one page to another and then back again would be great for how I use the app. Other than that, I think this is the best PDF reader I've seen.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, this is one of the few things missing in the Android app...

• Truth-Seeker commented  · 

very useful for me as physician who jumps through a many pages.. specially with bookmarked books

• genintemail commented  · 

Essential when using bookmarks/outline

• Krzysztof Smigrodzki commented  · 

Forward button is not that important, but backward is essential for scientific papers and well cross-referenced documentation.

• Marisano commented  · 

Agreed. In the meantime, a feasible workaround is to set a bookmark just prior to following a link, and then use it to get back to where you originally were in the PDF. (Props to the Xodo team for this workaround; it was their idea, not mine.)

• kimhwanok commented  · 

this is really essential. please update this. thank you : )

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base