How can we make Xodo even better?

Pinch zoom and move in Stylus Mode

While in the stylus mode, it would be handy if you can pinch zoom and move with two fingers so you can continue to work or move around the page.

Right now, you have to save and exit stylus mode, move and zoom and then re-enter stylus mode.

I have tried the "Stylus as Pen" mode, it does allow you to draw, move with your finger, zoom etc. The pain that I found with that is that when you are used to your stylus you invariable end up touching the screen and you make marks. The only way then to remove your mistake is to go into edit mode, select the eraser and remove the incorrect marks and then go out of edit mode. You basically have to remember at all times you can only move around with your finger in this mode and not use your stylus at all, that is a bit limiting. The other restriction I found in the "Stylus as Pen" mode is that you can't quick select colour or thickness, in this aspect you still have to go into edit mode.

While this mode I am sure will have it's uses, especially if you are drawing etc, it is not useful when you are annotating documents a lot. For annotation, you need the full suite of tools, underlining, highlighting, drawing, boxes etc. And when you go into pen mode it would still be nice to move and pinch zoom while in pen mode so you can float around the document and not leave the pen mode.

269 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) responded  · 

This feature is now completed for Xodo on Android.

We have made it possible to use two fingers to zoom and pan no matter what tool currently is selected.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • YunoYuno commented  · 

[Stylus as a pen] option can easily change to [Select stylus tool and finger tool independently]

So you can chose stylus tool with stylus and finger tool with finger simply

• joeljoel commented  · 

Just set pen default to mouse

• Iván PeñarandaIván Peñaranda commented  · 

I think for the stylus mode to useful it would be more convenient if the fingers acted always as the hand tool allowing to turn pages, pinch zoom and move, while the stylus keeps locked in any other tool you select from the menu, so that you can for instance highlight a whole document without switching between hand tool and highlight tool.

• yasteorayasteora commented  · 

The feature have been achieved,I think.
        When i open the ink menu mode , that will cover the top of my PDF on single page mode, it is not convient. But i also can use 'long press' to select the annotate tools that works well.
        i think ink menu mode needs to Improve.

And i hope xodo team add the feature of senstive of pressure for active pens like foxit PDF.

For the mobile devies, the Columns read mode and reflow mode are important,and i want to use the app on my E-ink device. but the text is not too black to resolution.

• KuaysodoKuaysodo commented  · 

I have the same idea like you guys.its very hard to use stylus as pen coz it cant change color and edit. Pls add this function. I hope it isnt hard for Xodo team to do

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is what I was thinking as well

• James StewartJames Stewart commented  · 

| would like to stay in edit mode, but still be able to turn the page

• Paulo FortesPaulo Fortes commented  · 

That sugestion was exactly what I was thinking. Change pen color quickly while moving around

• hanokkhanokk commented  · 

and in "stylus as pen" you touch and hold anywhere(text or space out of text), will appear pop-up menu, that help you make various anotation(highlight,strike out...etc).

touch means by your hand touch not by your stylus.

• hanokkhanokk commented  · 

changing styles or deleting strokes in "stylus as pen" is very easy, you don't need to go into edit mode. you just touch the stroke, then appear pop-up menu.

Feedback and Knowledge Base