How can we make Xodo even better?

Palm rejection when writing with pen

It is natural to rest the palm on the paper/device/surface while writing with a pen...Currently we can't properly write because our hands' palms interrupt the pen input. Please add palm rejection / palm recognition !

579 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    enes arslan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Windows 10 Settings "Pen & Windows Ink" there is an option "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen". This works for me already

• Seungjae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting very annoyed becauseod this problem. After zooming because of my palm, xodo suddenly thinks that my s pen too is trying to navigate the page. I have to move around the page once, get my pen off the monitor and carefully place the pen first(so thst i dont have to go through all this once again) to write sth. I'vebeen using xodo for about half a year now dont think this was always the case...... noticed this recently.

This is the most important feature missing from Xodo. I would even pay a one-time fee ($5-1$10) for a pro version with this feature.

• Franck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a feature I truly am looking after and would appreciate to see implemented in near future.
        I have Android 4.4 and Android 6.0 devices with a Wacom pen.

• Steven Colvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! I have a Tab S3 with an spen and it zooms in and out when my palm touches it. Mark is right, a zoom lock (like squid) would help a lot. Thanks!

• KIM SEUNGYEON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XODO doesn't support palm rejection feature to 'Freehand tool'

I use galaxy note with s-pen and palm rejection works well in 'pan tool'.

but when i use 'Freehand tool' to change color or size of the pen, palm rejection doesn't works.
        It interferes writing with s-pen when i use multi colors.

I hope it will be updated soon.

thank you

• Lewis Kal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am so nervous for palm rejection. Sometimes writing with S-pen was recognized moving page.

• Diego A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be solved with a simple setting that only processes the too left tap on a multi touch situation (too right for Lefties). This would help a good number of users without any palm detection procedure that requires IA or any additional hardware.

• Jan Jezek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you should buy a device with apropriate hardware for this purpose guys.
        Like galaxy note series from Samsung or Wacom company or (maybe others I dont know).
        Normal capacitive display is made for using a finger not a stylus.
        Solving this problem of rejecting a palm on software level is not a good idea at all.
        The same with a piece of paper and pencil.
        If your hand is dirty of carbon dust then it is on the paper too of course.
        XoDo has the option to write down a comment with my S-pen immediately and moving and other action with a finger.
        That is absolutely amazing!!

I would highly appreciate this feature as well as I'm using Xodo daily for studying purposes.

This is a very important feature for me. I've taken to wearing a glove to avoid this problem!

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base