How can we make Xodo even better?

Automatic download of Dropbox files

Normally files from Dropbox need to be opened(downloaded) once before they can be adjusted without internet connection, so they have to be opened once before there is no more internet connection. After that, changes in files are synchronised when the internet connection returns.

It would be nice if Dropbox files could be automatically downloaded when there is WIFI/LTE/4G connection. So that files are always editable in case of no internet connection.

In settings the automatic downloading of files could include a toggle for WIFI only or WIFI/LTE/4G.

The automatic download future will be useful in case of a lost internet connection, or in case of moving abroad.

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dennis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminXodo (Support, Xodo) responded  · 

Thank you for suggestion. Xodo will continue to cache Dropbox documents for offline usages, however to guarantee offline availability by adding a copy of the file to the device, we recommend using the official Dropbox app. You may then use Xodo to read and annotate the document offline.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Emanuel commented  · 

When you download a file on xdo via Dropbox, it stays offline on app. (I don't know for how long, though). I can access it when I'm off, going to recent list on the app.
        So, as someone said, we could be able to select a whole folder or files and download it at the same time...

• Dennis Uyl commented  · 

I agree with the ipad/tablet point of view. At our work we use xodo as signing app. Our tablets are active at 4G/LTE, but only within country borders. Therefore it would be nice when folders could be downloaded at once. This way pdf's can be preloaded and signed when there is no internet connection.

• Ricardo commented  · 

I use dropsync on android and it works perfectly. I have all my files on sd card so I don't have to worry about downloading files when I'm on a slow 3g connection. I have dropsync set up to upload changed files on wi-fi.

On my iPad I feel it would be nice if Xodo allowed me to download the whole folder instead of downloading one file at a time. It's annoying. And because my iPad has wi-fi only sometimes I can't download the files that I need. That's why downloding the whole folder that I'm working on at once would be a nice feature.

• Dennis commented  · 

I know, however this app is only available on android an also only free for one folder. The pro version supports more folders, but is not free. It would be nice if this feature could be added to Xodo. I thought something similar existed on goodreader.

• Martin Lindquist commented  · 

Third Party app "Dropsync" provides this functionality on Android. Not sure of other plaforms.

Suggest a new feature

Feedback and Knowledge Base