How can we make Xodo even better?

Lock horizontal scroll

I read in continuous page view and zoom to have the content take 100% of the screen width. When I scroll down to continue reading, the horizontal scroll is completely "free", so I have to keep having the page centered all the time. This would be much easier if the horizontal scroll was locked or at least " harder”, like more sticky. I've seen this done in other apps.

347 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminXodo (Support, Xodo) responded  · 

Thanks everyone for your feedback! We’ve made the horizontal scroll sticky, so you can read a zoomed-in document without loosing your position. We also maintain the zoom level when changing pages in non-continuous mode.

If you are looking for locking the zoom level and the scroll position, this can be done from the View Mode dialog > Crop Pages.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

As Heidi said. I cannot tell any difference. The page is free left to right.
        Any comments from the development team?

• Heidi Song commented  · 

I appreciate the updates but sorry, I can't see why you marked this feature request done. Maintaining zoom level across page changes is helpful, as is page cropping, but neither of these is a substitute for having a horizontal lock on each page. You said the horizontal zoom level is now 'sticky' but I can't tell any difference from before, the document still jiggles left to right. I know what a horizontal scroll lock is (as I'm sure that everyone who voted for it does) and, to put it bluntly, this ain't it. Unless anyone can show me what I' missing here, I'll be reopening this request soon..

• Rogério Bordini commented  · 

Many thanks for including this feature! Now the app is perfect in my opinion!
        However, I didn't find the zoom level lock option on the Crop Pages.
        Are you going to launch it on the next app update?

• Tom commented  · 

Please add this function its the last major feature left in this app.

• Rant commented  · 

I huger for this function and "Lock Zoom Level" combination

• Neil Haddy commented  · 

This is probably THE feature that would make this an unbeatable app. I invariably use my tablet in landscape mode and find it frustrating having to zoom all the time. Other than that, it's an excellent app.

• Yogesh Patel commented  · 

There is another idea in these forums with titled lock zoom level, which is similar to this suggestion, the votes for both ideas should be combined because it is the same idea.

• Yogesh Patel commented  · 

Please add this feature, I have seen in other apps that there is a button or some option to lock the pdf view in place. So, that i touch the screen by mistake then it wont move. Please add this and after this feature this app is as good as anything else on the market on ios or android

• Oldkraut commented  · 

Lock the zoom level is a must have!
        And please: set vertical scrolling mode as a default option in settings so that we do not need to set this for each PDF.

• Dat commented  · 

Please push this to the top of the priority queue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Rendering should take priority over viewing. But viewing should take priority over editing. What's the point of having lots of fancy ways to mark up a pdf when you can't scroll through a book or document at a comfortable zoom level? Horizontal lock is really a make or break feature of a pdf app because so many documents have pages of different widths /fonts. The user interface of Ezpdf is incredibly dated but I'm still using that app rather than yours because it has the horizontal lock feature. Introduce it, and I'll be a xodo convert in a snap.

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 for this. I'm amazed at how much this app has developed in the last year. Horizontal scroll lock I think would bring it to a whole new level.

• Truth-Seeker commented  · 

it's a must feature.. i miss that on ios goodreader app

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 please make the horizontal lock option for zoomed pdf.
        Moon Reader on Android has this function.
        Your app is the best pdf app in Windows Store.

• Suha Aksöz commented  · 

I don't like threshold option, let me lock..

• Dan Manheim commented  · 

I think this is similar to the padlock zoom feature someone else suggested.

Goodreader on iOS has a good implementation of this where you can select where you want to crop margins and it will maintain those cropped margins on each page. Useful to make sure content always fills the viewable area with maximum zoom without having to pan.

• Derin Korman commented  · 

here is a more detailed feedback about the same issue: have a gentle threshold lock on scrolling vertically where the document only moves straight down or up until the user moves their finger more than x pixels to one side or the other, at which point the scrolling becomes free and stays so until finger is lifted. This is so that one can read columned text in pdf files, or maintain zoom on a book where one has zoomed to crop.

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base