How can we make Xodo even better?

Snippet summary of annotations

There's exactly one feature that still makes me want to use Skitch, even though I'd generally prefer to use Xodo. It takes all the annotations in a documentand and creates a summary of them, including a snippet of the document around the annotations. This is extremely helpful, since one only has to go through a document once and can use the summary afterwards. It would be nice it one could choose to have this summary included in the document or saved as a new file.

166 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adriana Van Leeuwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chiming in to say I still need that feature on Windows. Just annotated a post-design proofread of a long novel only to realize that I don't think the publisher has any way to find my annotations in that great big mass of text without scrolling through all the hundreds of pages looking for yellow. Not ideal.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess till xodo implements this feature, the only option is the PDF comment extractor mentioned below. Good program

Ability to create a summary of more than two lines and ability to export the complete annotation, please

Even I was waiting for this feature to come for the last 1 year to happen.... I am not sure why such a simple file writing operation cant be added by the developer since he is listing the annotation on the app.

Anyway I am done with waiting and I have written an app for this...EXACTLY THIS... I highlight a lot using xodo docs and I want to see a summary of my highlights for a quick revision. I guess now I dont have to keep on visiting this page for this feature anymore.

I have hosted my app at https://pdfcommentextractor.wordpress.com.
        It is not free, It took me nearly 1 month to learn java and develop it. I am charging a small amount for it.

If anybody is badly in need, you can visit my site.

I have included the following features:

1. Provision to copy old highlight texts to comment pop ups retroactively..(that is you had not made the setting explained above before making the comment.).
        2. Provision to copy highlight texts to comment pop ups for highlights made from a tablet.
        3. Provision to specify delimiters in the comment generator.
        Single file processing and bulk processing
        4. MY FAVORITE: Provision to split different colour highlights to different files

• Dat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to Export All annotation which can then use as a summary note for a text book.

Also to choose type of annotations that you want see or to export... like explore only note annotations or underline...
        Thanks

Exporting Annotations, please! I use Xodo a lot and it's my primary pdf annotator. Since I digest excessive and-no doubt- unhealthy amounts of info and highlight the main takeaways from read text, exporting these annotations can bring them into one central location for quick review. T'would be awesome, for sure. Great job on the app. I recommended it highly. Take care.

• Xodo fan :-) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!!! :-) This is the only thing missing from Xodo at the moment for our nonprofit's use of it. Please please add this feature soon.

Also, when you do, please:

1) Include the page number for each annotation.

2) Enable the export to a .txt or .csv document, so the annotations can be imported into a spreadsheet.

Thanks so much! :-)

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can when we highlight some text can the text be copied into the note. I just summarised an entire documument and cannot extract the highlighted text. GUTTED

• Jean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best, excellent
        Only need to add a side panel
        display notes that one
        added. And also
        They should put the option to export
        comments to another document pdf.
        Excellent application

It would be great if I could send annotations to an email address or at least copy them to the clipboard so I could then paste in an email myself.

Thank you

• Sandra S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a student, I often highlight things that would make great quotes for my essays, but I then have to:

- go back through each document and select each annotation
        - copy it
        - switch to another program
        - paste it
        - return to Xodo

It would be awesome if I could select all of my annotations, copy them, and paste them into another document as editable text at once- kind of like a 'Select All' for my annotations (especially highlights).

Thank you for anything you can do!

P.S. Xodo is awesome in all other ways :-)

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this function!!!!!!!!!! I am using iAnnotate on my Samsung tablet andi hate it, but this is the function I need!

← Previous 1

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base