How can we make Xodo even better?

Quick color option for highlighting

Hi, now learning all about highlighting because just got a Samsung tab s 8.4 and I'm now reading a lot of pdfs for uni, have tried about 10 different apps for android and this is by far the best/quickest. I mark most text in one color, but often I want to chose a "headline" color, this requires two clicks, and then I have to change back when marking next part, so 4 clicks just to mark a specific word as extra important - what I would like is to be able to preset a specific color as a "headline colour" in settings, and then have that color as an option in the tiny menu that pops up, but it should just change the color for the selected highlight and not change setting so that the following highlight also is in the new color - to me at least this would save me a lot of time, one click instead of four, and I would be surprised if not other people too use highlighlighting with (at least) one colour that's extra important but not used as often. One option would be a more advanced solution with a customizable button where you could do what I suggest but also other things (that I haven't thought of yet). Cheers!

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fredrik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elnannos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice, also, if the Ctrl+1 Ctrl+2 (etc) keyboard shortcuts were to work for Highlighter ink too, i use a keyboard linked to my Android Device and it would be so much faster

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple floating color and tool palette would take care of this handily.

• Kirsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is fantastic on Android (selecting color before annotating) but it seems to be missing on iPad, iPhone, Apple computer, and even Chrome browser-based app. Please, this is a BASIC feature that is sorely needed. Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Melanie King. I appreciate XODO highly, and I am quite happy to use it on my iMac and iPad. However, on the iPad I really had trouble to find the tools to change the colors and width of highlighting.

• Rafael Kiwi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Xodo but this is missing, like a paint-bucket tool where you can select the color quickly before highliting, otherwise you have to highlight, right click, style and chose color. Same again when you want to return to another color. Please implement this!!

• Shiyong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to suggest that different colors can be selected in the first snap view rather than default first followed by modification.

• jaan.praks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current pen color selection process is confusing. In Pan-mode, the annotations are saved automatically and eraser works automatically as well (Surface Pen). Great and intuitive. However, when you go to pen annotation mode to change color, you enter up to a mode where you have to remember to press save and your eraser does not work as expected. In order to select different color, user has to select color and press "cancel". Counter-intuitive.
        Also, the user preferred colors do not stay permanent between editing sessions. You start the program, end up to the same place and expect to carry on with your pen editing, but the color has been reset back to default. Back to pen mode, select color, press cancel and get your color back. Confusing.

• jaan.praks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this as option setting the DEFAULT color of the highlight or freehand annotation. I am a teacher and currently I have to go and change the freehand color to red EVERY time I start comment the pdf.

• Luís Ulisses commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Google Play Books app is a good example. Makes it way easier for people that use highlight a lot with different colors.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried many PDF readers but I finally choose xodo because I can highlight whatever I want and also see fast the annotations I made.

Due to highlighting is a big advantage of this app I think that it should get better and better, as it is the reason that a lot of users use it.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A quick color option would be great. Here's my suggestion (for tablets at least):

Have a default option for the highlight color. Add the last three or four chosen non-default highlight colors to the menu that pops up when you select highlighted text. The next tap should change the color, deselect the selection, and revert to the default color.

That would be two taps to change the color without changing the default instead of four taps right now with a changed default color to get back to where you started.

• Fredrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be optional, this would really slow down highlighting when using the same color for 10 consecutive highligts, 10 more clicks!

• AdminXodo (Support, Xodo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, just to clarify, what you're suggesting is that we make it possible for you to select the highlighter color *before* you use the highlighter, correct?

This does seem like it could simplify and speed up the process for many users.

← Previous 1

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base