How can we make Xodo even better?

Quick color option for highlighting

Hi, now learning all about highlighting because just got a Samsung tab s 8.4 and I'm now reading a lot of pdfs for uni, have tried about 10 different apps for android and this is by far the best/quickest. I mark most text in one color, but often I want to chose a "headline" color, this requires two clicks, and then I have to change back when marking next part, so 4 clicks just to mark a specific word as extra important - what I would like is to be able to preset a specific color as a "headline colour" in settings, and then have that color as an option in the tiny menu that pops up, but it should just change the color for the selected highlight and not change setting so that the following highlight also is in the new color - to me at least this would save me a lot of time, one click instead of four, and I would be surprised if not other people too use highlighlighting with (at least) one colour that's extra important but not used as often. One option would be a more advanced solution with a customizable button where you could do what I suggest but also other things (that I haven't thought of yet). Cheers!

127 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fredrik shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • robert commented  · 

I also use the highlight a lot, this option would be wonderful!

• Shiyong commented  · 

would like to suggest that different colors can be selected in the first snap view rather than default first followed by modification.

• Luís Ulisses commented  · 

The Google Play Books app is a good example. Makes it way easier for people that use highlight a lot with different colors.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have tried many PDF readers but I finally choose xodo because I can highlight whatever I want and also see fast the annotations I made.

Due to highlighting is a big advantage of this app I think that it should get better and better, as it is the reason that a lot of users use it.

• Dennis commented  · 

A quick color option would be great. Here's my suggestion (for tablets at least):

Have a default option for the highlight color. Add the last three or four chosen non-default highlight colors to the menu that pops up when you select highlighted text. The next tap should change the color, deselect the selection, and revert to the default color.

That would be two taps to change the color without changing the default instead of four taps right now with a changed default color to get back to where you started.

• Luca Cherubin commented  · 

I use highlight a lot too and I think this option would be great!

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base