How can we make Xodo even better?

Merging PDF Files

Hi,

A great feature to add to the app will be the ability to merge multiple PDF files into one file.

Look forward to this update.

Regards,
Imi

144 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Imi WaljeeImi Waljee shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! You can now merge files in Xodo. Using the navigation drawer (the menu that slides out when you tap the three horizontal lines button), if you select “Folders” or “All PDFs”, and then select one or more PDFs (by long pressing a file, and then tapping subsequent files), under the top overflow menu (three vertical dots), you will find a “merge” button.

This is a little hard to find, and in the next major version of Xodo it will be easier to locate, so please stay tuned for that.

Thanks again for your feedback!

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jujitsujujitsu commented  · 

The link given in the comments were only for the app. The windows10 desktop version could not find any merge option after selecting two or more pdfs. Please advise. thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This does not seem to be a feature in the windows 10 desktop app

• AmyAmy commented  · 

Oh my god. I was applying to a residency and had minutes to submit multiple documents into one file (due to extreme procrastination) and needed to merge files immediately. Had to transfer documents from my computer to my phone and back, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT BECAUSE YOU SAVED ME. I annotated many of my notes in school with this program. For free. With no ads. I will never stop supporting Xodo docs after this.

• GreggGregg commented  · 

Windows 10 user, came here after trying to find how to merge PDF on xodo desktop version. Didn't quite figure it out but just wanted to say you guys are awesome. Some of the comments are critical and I wanted to take the time to say that your app is much better than any others on the market. I suspect they know the same, but just want it tweaked to perfection. Thank you for taking the time to listen to the feedback and make continuous improvements based on them.

Keep fighting the good fight and don't get discouraged.

• robrob commented  · 

Not available on Windows 10 App. Will be uninstalling as it was the one thing I needed.

• LaurenLauren commented  · 

Would love a way to merge Google Drive files, including merging pdf files, on the Android app? (not the web app) Is this possible on the app?

• AmitAmit commented  · 

Hey there just wanted to get an update on this feature - I'm still not able to find 'merge'. Any advice appreciated.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Xodo is much better than any other PDF viewers. It's even better than adobe PDF viewer.

• IpuIpu commented  · 

Xodo is getting better and better! I use it on as a UWP on both Wind 10 and mobile. Looking forward to future updates!

• LiamLiam commented  · 

I am unable to find the "merge" button on my Windows 10 Xodo program.

• BillBill commented  · 

Yes, I agree...I have tried to find the merge button on the windows 10 app but after trying to follow the above instructions I am finally throwing my hands up!

• StevenSteven commented  · 

I also find this feature appealing, because it would be an easy way to correct a pdf file that you worked many hours to add interaction and then you realize that there are some errors on some of the pages. Since it is impossible to edit a pdf file on a reader/annotator, this feature would give us the ability to do exactly this, by removing the pages in question and then adding the corrected pages that you created on ms word, for instance and saved in pdf format! If I had many votes to spare I would add more but there are other features that are important to me also.

• XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) commented  · 

Hi there,

This is a Xodo team member, just pointing out that on some of our platforms it is already possible to change page ordering. Currently, on the Windows apps, Android App, and iOS app, you can change page numbers by opening the thumbnail viewer (in the view mode menu).

On Windows Phone and our Web App this is not yet possible.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
        Tomas
        Xodo Team

• Craig ComeauCraig Comeau commented  · 

Just as the title says. Would be incredibly powerful to be able to merge multiple pdfs and change page order on the fly.

• marco__lamarco__la commented  · 

I'd like the possibility to create a PDF from two or more PDFs by merging them

• XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) commented  · 

Hi,

This is a Xodo devloper.

While we don't have the ability to merge PDF's at the time, we do have the ability to delete pages.

On iOS and Android, you can long press on the document in the file page in order to make a copy of it. In Windows 8, you can create a copy by opening the document, and then selecting Save a Copy (do this before you start modifying the document, as changes will be auto-saved to the original document otherwise).

Once the document is open, click on the View Mode button in the ToolBar (or AppBar for Windows 8) and then select Thumbnails.

You should now be able to delete thumbnails. On Android or iOS, you can click the edit button and then select pages by clicking on them. On Windows 8, you select items by a short swipe downwards on an item (or, if you have a mouse, by right clicking). Once an item is selected, a Delete button should become available.

Best Regards,
        Xodo Team

• mike.kennedy.consultantmike.kennedy.consultant commented  · 

Ability to merge multiple PDF's into a new single PDF and modify multi-page PDF's by removing a page(s) and then re-saving as a new PDF.

Feedback and Knowledge Base