How can we make Xodo even better?

Undo/Redo feature for any type of edit you make

The ability to undo/redo like in Microsoft word, like when highlighting, underlining, typing text. Of course you could hold finger on annotation for a few seconds and press delete but that's a hassle.

The freehand option has this option but that's only when you are in "drawing mode".

I imagine this will get tricky since it automatically saves every 30 seconds...

712 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • korbinian the 1st commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon guys. It's a great and free app. Just 2 Minutes into the app I got it: 2 ways of erasing: either press for delete or use eraser, like in real life. Btw: I am using this app professionally, taking notes during audits.
        Thanks to the developer(s)!
        I mean, I would appreciate the 'undo' button, and even a 'redo' .....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't believe the undo is missing when underlining in win10 in October 2018. Workflow destroyed thanks to accidental pen strikes. COME ON.

• Niko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You really need to make the undo option availavle for Xodo on Windows too please

i am trying to use xodo with a chromebook, and i can't find the undo/redo. please help

• Raj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am looking fir the same in the windows 10version as well

thanks Anon 2, it is easy to erase the highlight, as you suggested

When in highlight mode, left click on the highlighted section you want to undo and a menu bar appears for the section with options including a delete option. This deletes the highlighting, not the text.

I am reposting this because this is a very helpful suggestion!!
        XODO works great!

For me this app just works great. I'm using a Lenovo Helix the first edditiion. Isee that it is difficult but if u are in edditing mode just lightly tap on the area u want to undo and it works.
        This app is for free and works good.
        Sad that people dont appreciate it.
        Give feedback not hate.
        Thx Xodo Team.

Keep dressing deletie to undo. Just select the highlight you want to undo and select delete. If nothing seems to happen, keep repeating. It means that there are a lot of highlight layers.

What about undo/delete in touchscreen mode? Tapping on item to delete isn't producing a pop-up menu or delete button.

Updating my last comment in regards to undoing something in this app .... I wasn't brutal enough. Stunningly awful how bad undo is on this app. This app is worthless. I hope you feel bad.

undo implementation in this app is truly awful. AWFUL. Highlight something? Good luck undoing it!

The delete highlight still is not working!!!
        Sometimes I select an area by an accident and and it gets colored. Why you don't let me to delete it!?

• Xodo dodo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Click on the hand > click on the highlighting > click the delete pop-up menu item. Simples.

• JamesKPolk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No ability to remove highlighted text...I'm out. Going back to Squid. Thx guys for the try.

• Anon2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in highlight mode, left click on the highlighted section you want to undo and a menu bar appears for the section with options including a delete option. This deletes the highlighting, not the text.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought Xodo was the PDF annotator for me. I wasn't able to undo highlighting and did a google search only to find that there IS no way to undo highlighting. This is a problem! I will have to look further for an app that works for me.

How do i undo/redo? You said it has released, but i ctrl + z doesnt do anything?

i just wanted to throw this out there. i'm a student and was super-bummed i couldn't undo the highlighter function. a quick work-around solution that i've found is to do the following:
        1. change one of your brushes to the highlighter color you want
        2. set the opacity to 20%
        3. use this brush to highlight the text you want manually

this allows you to go back and erase should you need to. not the straight line that you would get with the highlighter tool, but it's a quick alternative if you're just highlighting on the go!

← Previous 1 3 4

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base