How can we make Xodo even better?

Undo/Redo feature for any type of edit you make

The ability to undo/redo like in Microsoft word, like when highlighting, underlining, typing text. Of course you could hold finger on annotation for a few seconds and press delete but that's a hassle.

The freehand option has this option but that's only when you are in "drawing mode".

I imagine this will get tricky since it automatically saves every 30 seconds...

710 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JamesJames shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

The delete highlight still is not working!!!
        Sometimes I select an area by an accident and and it gets colored. Why you don't let me to delete it!?

• Xodo dodoXodo dodo commented  · 

Click on the hand > click on the highlighting > click the delete pop-up menu item. Simples.

• JamesKPolkJamesKPolk commented  · 

No ability to remove highlighted text...I'm out. Going back to Squid. Thx guys for the try.

• JanetJanet commented  · 

Anon2, thank you very much!

• Anon2Anon2 commented  · 

When in highlight mode, left click on the highlighted section you want to undo and a menu bar appears for the section with options including a delete option. This deletes the highlighting, not the text.

• AnonAnon commented  · 

I thought Xodo was the PDF annotator for me. I wasn't able to undo highlighting and did a google search only to find that there IS no way to undo highlighting. This is a problem! I will have to look further for an app that works for me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How do i undo/redo? You said it has released, but i ctrl + z doesnt do anything?

• Anonymous commented  · 

i just wanted to throw this out there. i'm a student and was super-bummed i couldn't undo the highlighter function. a quick work-around solution that i've found is to do the following:
        1. change one of your brushes to the highlighter color you want
        2. set the opacity to 20%
        3. use this brush to highlight the text you want manually

this allows you to go back and erase should you need to. not the straight line that you would get with the highlighter tool, but it's a quick alternative if you're just highlighting on the go!

• RomanRoman commented  · 

WTF? You're not capable to add an undo feature in two years?????

• JhudsonJhudson commented  · 

Please please please update this with the ability to undo highlighting and underlining. Otherwise this app would be flawless!

• Anonymous commented  · 

so frustrating that you can't undo highlighting. I've just about given up with this app, which is a real shame as it should be my go-to. Spending too much time faffing about. Supposed to make my Masters reading easier, not less efficient! 0 stars from me now.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I've hung in for a long time but I have to be able to work efficiently. There is no point having a bunch of features if every time you try something, unless you execute it perfectly, you spend hours fussing with messed up files. Any update on the Undo button? I'm going to have to jump ship.

• Bart HolladayBart Holladay commented  · 

iS THERE UNDO/REDO YET? i JUST MISTAKENLY DELETED AN IMPORTANT TEXT BOX. HELP!

• YulizaYuliza commented  · 

It is absolutely frustrating the fact that it doesn't have the Undo option. Fix this or I'm going to stop using your app.

• Ricky BobbyRicky Bobby commented  · 

Programming is slow. You guys need to hurry up with the update undo/redo. It should have been integrated from the get go of the app. If you need help, shoot, use python.

• AndyAndy commented  · 

After a third data loss after long typing and no undo button, I give up this app. If I can give a 0 star, I will. The most frustrating app I have ever used. Period.

• kikstandkikstand commented  · 

Bring on the Undo so the mistakes I've done can be undone. I'm dead in the water now. make me undead withe some undone or I'm done! Now I've done forgot to capitalize 'make' and mispelled 'with' in my frustration. This needs to be undone but I ain't re-doing it!

• Anonymous commented  · 

It's been a few months. Any updates on the timeline for when an Undo/Redo button will be available?

• HelloHello commented  · 

Cant find the "undo canges" option. Useless without this option. I use the android version

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base