The required interface when giving a presentation is different than when reading a paper or a book, or when reviewing homework or collaborating on a paper.
I therefore suggest a dedicated whiteboard (or presentation) mode (while allowing the option of creating additional modes). The following is a list of features that I imagine in the whiteboard mode:
- For FullHD aspect devices, e.g. 16:9, and 16:10, the toolbox should be placed as a vertical column.
- The contents of the toolbox should be user selectable. Here are a few shortcuts that I'd like to see in the such a toolbox:
- pen size and shape. E.g. 3 pen sizes.
- pen color shortcut by color button. One option (fixed) should be a palette button, which can contain additional presents (like now).
- Size and color button (like now) optionally.
- Add shape (ellipse, rectangle, rounded corner rectangle)
- Add page button
I'm sure others come up with additional suggestions.
Dov Grobgeld commented
Another question/idea, is whether it possible to support hover mode for a stylus and turn it into a "laser pointer". Alternatively, create a tool that is a pointer only in presentation mode, e.g. a red circle that follow the stylus.