How can we make Xodo even better?

Allow users to create links to other PDFs

Thank you for implementing the creation of links to other parts of the same PDF or to web pages (added to beta channel on 19 Jan 2017).

The next step would be to implement links to specific parts of other PDFs. This was part of the original suggestion (which received a very large number of votes), but does not seem to have been created as a separate suggestion now that you have implemented the internal/web page links.

Linking to other PDFs would be extremely useful, since many projects consist of multiple documents that relate to each other.

276 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JamesJames shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  XodoAdminXodo (Support, Xodo) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback!
    The reason why we did not include this capability is that the links created would break if the user moves the PDF to a different folder. This means we would receive many users complaints saying that “their links stopped working” or “there’s a bug in Xodo”. This extra capability would therefore be confusing and frustrating for some users, whereas we strive to keep Xodo simple and delightful to use.

Thanks for using Xodo and for taking the time to let us know how to make it even better.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Melissa100Melissa100 commented  · 

I would be glad if this suggestion was accepted.

• AlbertoAlberto commented  · 

It was part of the original sugestion. I hope it be implanted too.

• HelioSivlaHelioSivla commented  · 

A good idea. Create links to others documents is very useful to students. It may improve the velocity that a subject is reached.

Feedback and Knowledge Base