How can we make Xodo even better?

Make Outline Editable

Allow the Outline (that shows the PDF's bookmarks by default) to be edited, like Bookmarks. I would like it if I could add or delete the default bookmarks in Outline if I ever wanted to change them, as well as just edit (rename) the default chapter headings that are listed in Outline. Bookmarks already allows this, and it would be convenient for me if I could do the same in Outline.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Colin Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Berny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be really great to edit the Outline. This is the only issue that holds me back from using Xodo as the only PDF Viewer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree with this idea.... It's very important to edit or form outline. There are no devices on Android which support this feature.

• davide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please do this. Being able to add and edit outline items is essential when you need to jump back and forth to endnotes and reference list. In particular, being able to update the target page of an outline item (but bookmarks also would do) to the current page would be great. Foxit and Xchange allow you to do it, but, unlike Xodo, they are not usable in a touchscreen tablet.

• Randall Sherman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use "Bookmarks" in Adobe Acrobat, which appear in Xodo as "Outline". This prevents me from using Xodo as my default PDF editor.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very very important to me to throw away PC while looking at technical ebooks. This was once supported in PDF max in Android, but the app is dead from marshmallow. And this is supported in PDF expert in iOS.

• John Doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, so much. The current 'bookmarks' (that you can freely add/edit) are xodo-only.

so if you want to add real bookmars (called 'outlines' on xodo) for a pdf file that will not necessarily be read on xodo (like in a pdf for your office: many will probably read on adobe pdf reader or google/etc.) you just can't use xodo right now.

• Zane Kearney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option to select a font style (font, colour and size) would be a useful way to automate this. Further, having bookmarks show up under the appropriate heading would be just as useful.

• Noella Soares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In most tablet/phone apps the bookmarks show up under outline. Would be useful to be able to edit or add. Thanks

Suggest a new feature: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base