How can we make Xodo even better?

stylus eraser support

Most styluses have an eraser on the rear end. It would be nice if using the eraser would actually erase (a) either whole notes or (b) just parts of pen strokes, without manually selecting the eraser tool by just flipping the stylus over.

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the boox max 2, i like how the eraser button behaves now, namely as a normal hand touch, because we can disable normal touch in the screen and work around the absence of palm rejection. When the eraser feature is implemented it should be optional in the settings menu.

• Sang jun Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update and develop this function. plz plz plz plz plz plz provide a different service against another apps. I assure that it let xodo be a best PDF reader.

• Sang jun Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most people using Stylus pen want to use stylus pen button(with S pen)for erasing annotation.(it is possible to erase annotation by using S pen' button in window store's xodo) Many Xodo's users in android have S-pen and the others may have a stylus pen if they are tablet user. So it is a critical point that those can't use pen's erasing button. And If these critical point are improved, so many people are comfortable and more people will be comfortable.
    Thank you for listening my advice.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the settings, under the pen input options, add a toggleable option that allows users to Erase while holding the pen button. This way, we can increase productivity and avoid going into edit mode, or going through the menus to correct little mistakes.

• Ahmed Salahuddin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's enough to say that I shifted my interest in a purchased version of Ezpdf reader pro to Xodo.
    It's not for nothing, it's for the good capabilities that I found helpful in this application as writing on external SD card and the great exporting capability that finally allowed me to divide heavy books to smaller ones.
    As an anesthesiologist, I'm a heavy reader/annotator.

Please develop your eraser more and enable:
    • Stroke ereasing of any type of annotation other than text boxes.
    • Using of Samsung S pen side button optionally as a stroke, true ereasar or selection tool.
    • Using of Samsung S pen areaser button optionally as a stroke or true ereasar.
    • Most of time the current true ereaser goes crazy and disappears prematurely, odd behaviour :-), it really needs some work.

These will be enough to stop me importing pdfs to squid filling my internal memory with material already on the External SD Card.

Finally
    Thanks for the excellent programming.

Dr. Ahmed Salahuddin

• Ratthachat Chatpatanasiri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im using Xodo on Galaxy note devices which have a button on the s-pen. Like a "lecture note", it will be very convenient if in a free-drawing mode, pusing a button can (perhaps temporary) switch from a pen to an eraser tool.

Or for those who don't have s-pen, it should be also convenient if by using some "gesture", we can change switch between pen and eraser.

Suggest a new feature: Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base