Suggest a new feature

How can we make Xodo even better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Custom annotation tools (buttons)

I would be fantastic to be able to define the annotations tools shown in the toolbar. Just like Okular does.

The idea is to customize the buttons shown in the annotation toolbar. Yo could define an "#0000ff 80% opacity underline" as your first tool, a "#ff0000 80% opacity underline" as your second tool, a "#ffff00 100% opacity highlight", etc.

As the number of buttons in screen is limited there must be a "More" or "Plus" button in order to show the rest of the tools and to access to the customization screen.

The benefits would be:

· Have a set…

454 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      14 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for your awesome feedback! Defining exact hex color value, entering exact thickness/opacity/text size value is now available in Xodo beta! See http://feedback.xodo.com/knowledgebase/articles/1119511-change-style-of-an-annotation-color-thickness-o.

To enter exact color HEX value, see: http://feedback.xodo.com/knowledgebase/articles/1849546-annotation-color-picker.

To define and select style presets, see: http://feedback.xodo.com/knowledgebase/articles/1851553-setting-an-annotation-style-preset

You can become our beta tester as described here: http://feedback.xodo.com/knowledgebase/articles/829551-becoming-a-beta-tester.

Just FYI, “more”/“plus” button for adding customized tools to toolbar is under review! Hopefully we can implement it in the future!

Cheers!

Xodo Team

• Highlighter tool for scanned documents

Annotation of scanned documents is not easy - the highlighter does not work because it does not recognize the scanned text. Hence, I have to use drawing tool (which works but limits options for text highlighting).

It would be great if Xodo contained also free-drawing-highlighter.

20 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        8 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! Highlighter tool for scanned documents is in progress! Hopefully our developers can finish this soon!

Best Regards,
        Xodo Team

• previous/next view for windows platform

Please place a tool for viewing the last page/view that we have seen. For example if I jump from the contents page of a pdf to page 100, this tool can take me easily to the previous view which is the contents page.

19 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • compress pictures by inserting

When you insert a Picture from Camera it is big like 6 MB.
          The whole Document incereses to a big file size. It would be nice to have a option like in the mail app by Android to compress the Picture to 60 % or 30 %. This would be nice

15 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! Our developer team are working on this issue right now, hopefully they can finish this soon!

Thanks in advance for your support to Xodo!

Best Regards,
            Xodo Team

• Changing page turning direction

When turning pages, the direction is fixed to left-to-right.
            I understand this is normal for the documents written left-to-right horizontally, because many languages are written horizontally, left-to-right.
            But in some writing systems in the world, such as Arabic, Perisan, Hebrew, or Japanese (in vertical), it is more natural to turn pages right-to-left.

So I would like to suggest the control to change the page turning direction with each document.

Thanks for this excellent app!

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! The next major version of Xodo will include support for left-to-right languages, so please stay tuned.

• Default page Size in insert blank page

I create blank PDF in A4 size. However, when I tried to insert new blank pages, the paper size will appear as a letter size. Not A4 as I set beforehand. Is there any way to insert blank page with similar page size by default? or where can I change individual page size?

2 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Xodo should at least insert a page of the same size as the page before it, if nothing better.
                We will look into fixing this right away, and make it part of the next release.

Tomas

• increase number of icons

horizontal I have 1 pen only, vertical 3. if you increase to 5 it would be perfect. there is space for it, especially in horizontal view.

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We have started work on adding more pen presets to tablets and phones in the horizontal view. This feature will be included in the next major release of Xodo.

If you’d like early access to upcoming versions, to give feedback on the design of new features and to help us identify bugs(!), then we’d love for you to become a Xodo beta tester! To do so, please follow the steps in this article: http://goo.gl/GK60vl.

Thanks for using Xodo and for taking the time to let us know how to make it even better.

• 1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)