Suggest a new feature

How can we make Xodo even better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. OCR

BE able to fill in a form or annotate a pdf with a stylus and use ocr to make it look like it was typed.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offline work on Google Drive documents

I do not know if it is possible thus if the Google Drive API provides functionality for it:

It would be nice to be able to work a Drive documents offline. I do not mean on "real" downloaded versions of these documents, but on versions similar to the "keep on device" functionality of Google's Drive app. Then if an internet connection is available again the annotated document is synces with Drive. This way it would be possible to work on PDFs from Google Drive on the road even if no mobile internet connection is available.

Maybe it is possible but…

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create BookShelf like Interface

I like to show all the PDF in a Bookshelf like Interface with cover page (eg: IOS.iBook) instead of Recent view.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyboard shortcuts in browser-based app

Keyboard shortcuts for browser-based app, for selecting annotation tools, searching, changing view layout, focusing the bookmark list, jumping back to previous page (e.g. after selecting a bookmark) etc.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. scroll with two fingers

the ability to scroll to the next page using 2 fingers, and the ability to pinch to zoom using 2 fingers which has already been mentioned in one of the suggestion. it makes it handy so you don't have to uncheck the editing box and then move pages and then recheck the editing box

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sharepoint and/or FTP Integration

This solution could have huge corporate appeal if it allowed markup/comments/collaboration/centralization via an authenticated sharepoint site. Dropbox has issues when it comes to maintaining organizational control of potentially sensitive documents.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1) Make annotations sortable 2) Have pen toggle btwn two colors

1) Make annotation sortable like folders in the navigation column oin File Explorer -- which makes the annotations your own Custom Index. If you can make, sub-annotations -- just like an Index
    2) Make the pen with default color -- or a toggle btwn two colors. Typically I underline new words in blue and important staff in red. Most of the time I need red, set as default, then on occasion I need the blue for new technical word or concept.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Proper Multicolumn support

In some PDFs, highlighting does not take multiple columns into account properly: the highlighted lines stretch over all columns.

I can provide an example file via email, but not here in public since it contains copyrighted material.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. faster dropbox download

When open files from Dropbox within Xodo, the download takes way longer than when I download them with the Dropbox-App and open them locally with Xodo.
    At least a proper progress bar would be nice in order to see if the download hangs.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The problem is actually with the code that Dropbox provides third party developers to integrate with Dropbox. The problem happens on certain Android devices, especially older models. We have reported the problem to Dropbox, and will update Xodo when they make a fix available.

11. Note 'bubbles' should not obscure the PDF text

Note 'bubbles' posted at the margins, currently obscure the PDF text in documents with ordinary margin sizes. This makes it impossible to read what you're commenting on, at the same time as you write the comment. I'd like to suggest that the note 'bubbles' instead do not cover the text you're commenting on. This would enable you to re-read and recheck what you're commenting on, as you comment on it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. attach a file to a pdf

to be able to attach a file to a pdf that is being edited. (would allow to attach a hand written note file to a pdf so that way the associated files stay in one place)

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Swiping between documents

Use "swiping" to switch between different pdf's that are in the current folder. If you are working in a folder with 10 pdf's. It would be nice if you could switch from file 1 to file 2 just by swiping to the left. This way the productivity would increase further.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pressure sensitive inking

I do a lot of handwritten notes at the sides of pdf docs. It would be a more natural experience if psi was supported like in one note.

638 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Movable Toolbar

The toolbar is quite fat, which isn't a problem in portrait view, but in landscape view it can block some of the text, especially when you use the double page (side by side) view. An option to relocate the toolbar to the left or right side of the screen would fix this problem

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customize auto-save

It seems that the Android app is saving after every single annotation. If you are working in DropBox, this burdens your connection a lot. It might be metered, and it might be slow. Also, a local backup might be an option, which is only saved back to Dropbox (or wherever) if the user decides to (or is prompted to).

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multi level tabs

Now that tabs are in, multi level tabs would also be helpful, or perhaps "group" tabs with a drop-down menu.

The idea behind this is you could create a "group" tab which would have multiple documents on it. For example, in court I might have a tab labelled "affidavits", which would have all of the affidavits I need on it. Tapping on the tab for "affidavits" would bring up either a drop-down list with all of those documents (from which you could pick), or a second layer of tabs.

I suspect the drop-down list would be more usable, with a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to digitally (cryptographically) sign documents

While the handwritten signature is good, better would be an ability to digitally sign using the private key of a public/private key pair. This would be used together with the handwritten signature, so you would first use the handwritten signature, then flatten, then digitally sign (it would be helpful if this could be set up as a "one-step" process, subject to needing to enter the passphrase for the public key.

It would also be nice to be able to save the decrypted private key, and be able to digitally sign using a fingerprint, on devices with a fingerprint scanner (to…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple separate annotation sets on one file

When annotating legislation, I will often need to annotate it in different ways for different cases. It would be useful to be able to have more than one set of annotations on a single PDF, rather than having to make copies to annotate (which is what I have to do now).

Presumably this would require the annotations to be stored externally to the PDF file when using this feature (browsing through other requests, having this option might also assist with some of the other requests).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggest a new feature

Feedback and Knowledge Base